New Virtual PC alternative?

looks promising :)
What about speed though ? how does it do?
It could possibly be the solution to my BeOS problem ;)

Originally posted by Jadey
Here's the free GPL download of it.

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/

I have been trying to compile this for about a week. Has anybody had any luck building it with Carbon support? In the past, I have had success under X. I configure it with carbon support and make it without error. But when I run the binary, it errors out with:

failed assertion "gCTable != NULL" at carbon.cc:350

Make did not complain when building the library from carbon.cc. I found a CVS update to main.cc that supposedly fixed this, but it was older than my source and didn't compile at all anyway. What gives? Has anyone beaten this one?

I got the latest bochs to compile fine under 10.1. No tricks.

I'm having trouble getting my windows cd to show up in it so I can try installing win98 though.

-Rob

Originally posted by rharder

-Rob

With Carbon support? Did you add any options other than --with-carbon? Did you use their .conf.macosx configure script (not that there is much to it)? I have no problem compiling for X11. Actually, I have no problem compiling at all, but the library carbon.cc builds is hosed and returns a runtime error.

My guess is the reason you can't get the CD to work is that you need to configure the source with cdrom support --with-cdrom or something like that.

Originally posted by rharder

I'm having trouble getting my windows cd to show up in it so I can try installing win98 though.

Turned out my problem was with the bundle build not the linking. That's all set now. But when I create a drive image and fdisk it, format c: /s fails to sys it. The image is unwritable. Permissions are OK. Anybody have any hints?

Back