Newest 24" imac Freezes in Leopard

promacmor1

Registered
The problem that happens sometimes when I am in a internet site for awhile and then I try to open another application and I get the spinning wheel for that application but when I try to force quit the computer will not do so. I tried to wait awhile but the wheel kept spinning. So I have to press the power button to reset the computer. One time when I was in the internet and tried to switch to an open application I got a scrolling gray screen telling me to press the power switch to reset the computer.

Did you do an update & install to Leopard? If so, you may want to try an archive & install.

The problem that happens sometimes when I am in a internet site for awhile and then I try to open another application and I get the spinning wheel for that application but when I try to force quit the computer will not do so. I tried to wait awhile but the wheel kept spinning. So I have to press the power button to reset the computer. One time when I was in the internet and tried to switch to an open application I got a scrolling gray screen telling me to press the power switch to reset the computer.

Same thing happened after I loaded Leopard on my MacPro Quad Xeon. It happened four times over a 5 hour period--a couple times when using Spaces, and then without spaces when I had multiple programs opened. I have done the same exact multi-tasking in Tiger and never had a problem.

I have never had the MacPro do that before Leopard--the spinning wheel and Force Quit wouldn't work and I had to use the power button to shut down.

I also had some programs refuse to accept my user password to make changes, then an update came through early this morning to fix something in the password chain and it worked fine after that.

Tony

Back