Newest HP 3500c scanner drivers for OS X - WARNING!

OmegaMan

Registered
Before I start, I'll mention that I have a QS 933, 1024mb ram, geforce4mx 64mb card; running jaguar 10.2.1.

I noticed when I was playing AstroSquid recently, that the game would stutter.
I couldn't figure it out.

I ran my cpu monitor, and found the thing spiking every second.

Then I ran process viewer, and noticed that the new os x native hp scanjet 3500c drivers that they posted (a 200mb d/l, btw) and which I was using, were eating up 40-76% of my cpu cycles, when I wasn't even running the scanning software!

The darn HP Imaging Director constantly looks for the front buttons to be pushed, and there's no way to remove this (hence, the cpu eatage). So, I've tried to install the classic drivers....but everytime I try to run them, it runs it in os x.

That was last night....I have yet to resolve this....I did remove the driver software, and as soon as vuescan can detect my scanner, I'll be using that!

Just thought I should give you guys a heads up on this software. Unless you got the new dual 1.25s, don't bother using that software! :mad:

I had the exact problem with the HP Imaging Director after installing the software and have since uninstalled it. What version had you installed? The newest version was posted in May on HP's website.

Thanks.

Woah....I almost forgot this post! *l*

The bad news was that I couldn't find a copy of the old software, couldn't find a way to install the classic software and Vuescan still doesn't support that scanner.

The good news is, that I exchanged that scanner for the Epson 1260photo. Oh bliss and heaven! Gorgeousness and gorgeosity! I haven't even opened the software cd, I just use VueScan! :->

Epson scanners - BEST SCANNERS _EVER_!

Back