Next Generation iPod

Unregistered

Registered
Have you seen the new VW / iPod commercial? It's cool listen to your iPod when you’re driving. The only bad thing is that you have to use a cassette adaptor to listen to it.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Apple were to partner with Car Stereo Manufacturers like Kenwood and Alpine and have them create car stereos where you could install your iPod directly into them. Just like you pop in a tape into your radio, you could pop in your iPod. Once you did, the radio would detect the iPod and then play off it.

Better yet! Have them create iPod changers, instead of CD changers. Slide your iPod into the changer and start listening.

It can't be done! Why not? The new iPods already have a connector at the bottom to hook onto your dock. Use that same connector to install it to a radio or changer.

One thing missing, a radio with a big display and round knob so you can scroll through your music. Not so fast! Check out this link: (Copy and Paste into your browser) www.xmradio.com/skyfi/

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

What do you think? Please give me your thoughts. Pass this thread to all of your friends.

Miami Eddie (-:

If there were a device that allowed you to connect your iPod (any generation) to your car stereo, that would be great, though I'm sure they'd make it expensive.
Personally, an iTrip with a car mount for the iPod is a much cheaper alternative (though it does have drawbacks if you live in a city with many, many radio stations.

There are things that allow you to charge your ipod from cigarette lighter (of car). Some have even the volume control. Using cassette adapter sucks, but at least you can browse it holding it in your hand.

Why stop at the iPod? Why not make a 1/8" stereo connector standard on car stereos, so you can plug in any MP3 player, or, for that matter, any supported musical device? That would be cool also, to patch a cord between your headphone port and your stereo to play your music through the car, if you don't have a built-in (or functioning) CD player.

Almost everything has a cigarette lighter adapter, BTW.

Some car stereos (upper-crust stuff) are coming out with stereo-in jacks fot this very purpose. I'm sure something will be out doon to take care of the rest of us.

Back