Next Special Edition iPod

clamshellibooks

Registered
i think most of us can agree that the iPod U2 special edition is becoming a bit on the old side. I don't know how strong the U2 iPod sales are, but i cant imagine them being very high. Do you think Apple will continue making special edition iPods? And if they will keep rolling out the special editions, what band/artist will they feature next?

Apple does have a feature where you can add the Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest to the back of a new iPod but thats the only difference and it didnt replace the U2 one. Or are you saying they will be coming out with a new COMPLETELY different looking iPod Harry Potter Special Edition?

I believe we've also had special-edition iPods back in the first generation, long before the U2 one, for No Doubt, Madonna, Beck and Tony Hawk. Each was laser etched with the performers' logo and signatures. The sales were low, but then that's kind of the point of a limited edition, isn't it? These collectible iPods will be worth more in the future because of their rarity.

I think it is a very good path for Apple to be pursuing, not so much because it will be profitable, which it won't, but because it will further make the iPod into a collectible icon of our times, like the Barbie doll, Matchbox car, or baseball card. This will ensure that Apple's mind-share remains strong long after the iPod halo effect has worn off.

clamshellibooks said:
Apple does have a feature where you can add the Harry Potter Hogwarts Crest to the back of a new iPod but thats the only difference and it didnt replace the U2 one. Or are you saying they will be coming out with a new COMPLETELY different looking iPod Harry Potter Special Edition?

Like the have instead of white and grey click wheel have the color Houses in the School?

Yellow and Black Clickwheel for Hufflepuff
Green and Silver Clickwheel for Slithern
Red and Gold Clickwheel for Gryffindor
Blue and Bronze Clickwheel for Ravenclaw

and all with their Crests Ingraved...shoot i'd get 4 just because...

Hm. I'm not really a fan of those special edition iPods. I'm much more interested in what's coming for 5G iPods.

6 GB or something. Not good enough, I guess. (Even 10 GB or 15 GB probably wouldn't cut it for Apple...)

Back