Nice Try Spymac

googolplex

jeff.hume.ca
This is a thread i'm creating to show the believers in the iWalk that it is a big hoax. I'm sure if you put asside your desires for an Apple PDA then you will see that spymac is lying too you and they are probably laughing at everyone who fell for it and are busy putting your email address on many spam lists.

Here is my list of problems with the iWalk:

- In the pictures of the iWalk it shows the spymac page that was made for testing the iWalk. If this came from an external source, as they said. How did that source get this special page on the spymac server without spymac knowing? This shows that this was made by spymac and not by an external source. This does not show that it is fake, but it does show that they are lying through their teeth, which makes me not want to trust them. Nice Try.

- They say the German voices may have been delibratly put there. This is total BS. They are based in Germany. Thats why people are speaking German. They weren't delibatly put there. Nice Try.

- Spymac is run by the same person who owns a design firm. Isn't this a little suspicious because they would have the resources to do something like this? Nice Try.

- They make you register to see the videos, but they give everyone the same username and password. This looks like it is a ploy to get people's email addresses for their own benefit. I wouldn't trust anyone who asks for this. Nice Try.

- Why is it that when the first iWalk "picture" was posted on spymac before the ipod launch they claimed it was real (when it was obviously photoshoped) and now they claim that they knew it was a mockup that *they* created. Why would they create a mockup tell us it is real and then tell us later it is fake. What is to say they aren't doing that again. Nice Try.

- They have a pretty lame statement saying they were meant to take the pictures down. There is pretty much a general statement that all the rumor sites put up when they are asked to take something down. Spymac's one was pretty lame. They didn't try and resist Apple legal. Apple didn't even talk to them, because Apple is happy that this is throwing everyone off. The people at spymac saw that some people were saying that it would show it was fake if it wasn't taken down so they took it down and claim they tried so hard to keep it up. Nice Try.

- Overall, Spymac has a really bad record and many things point to the iwalk being a hoax. Why should we trust them when they have lied many times before and about this one. I didn't even go into the things brought up about mistakes when the did their video editing (lines, jumpy text, etc.). So all I have to say is.

Nice Try. :D

googolplex

P.S. if you haven't seen some of the things that spymac said that I referenced too just visit spymac.com and they are under the ibook thing.

i totally agree with you, but I'd like to make one more , and final point.
If you've seen the pictures of the "to-be" PDA, you know that "Apple" went with the brushed metal look of QT5. This is highly unlikely because of the fact that Everything is going in the direction of the 1st ibook's Quicksilver look. Note that the ibook, the quicksilver G4, and the iPod are all sleek clear smokey looking products. I trully dont believe anyone at Apple would backtrack in design concepts. But hey, maybe...

Alrighty, good for you, you started a new thread.

To your points:
1. SpyMac was SENT these photos, they did not just magically appear, as you say, on their server. So they PROBABLY, as they say, aren't from SpyMac and are from an external source.

2. Okay, its a German site, maybe there are people that speak German from other places in the world. (If you are going to use knowledge gained from another source like www.appleturns.com, its common pactice to quote them.)

3.(If you are going to use knowledge gained from another source like www.appleturns.com, its common pactice to quote them.)

4. It seems that you are well travelled on the rumor sites, have you ever seen photos ordered off by Apple legal teams? The passwoard thing is a way to slow down that process, I believe. If they wanted my email address for something, so be it.

5. It is highly possible the original iWalk was real. A REAL mockup made by some other source. They didn't say they made it, [SpyMac] said that it was created using information about the iWalk.

6. If you were an independent web master and some large company came to your site and you knew you were showing thing by that company, wouldn't you just comply before fighting it? Yeah, all rumor sites do have to take down their pictures and put messages about Apple's legal teams. Would you rather just see the email that was sent from Apple's legal teams? Would that be better? Oh, and prove that Apple didnt alert SpyMac?

7. Dont believe them because they lied before? Sorry pal, but if you believed that other iwalk or those other mock ups were real and were disappointed, then I dont know what to say to you. I must say this, I am always the first to discredit a mockup or picture of an Apple product, but I can't say much about this product. (Again, If you are going to use knowledge gained from another source like www.appleturns.com, its common pactice to quote them.)

8. Yes, if this is a mock up designed by somebody other than apple, its the best I have ever seen.

Lastly, if I am wrong, and this is a fake, I will be the first to admit that I was fooled.

The iWalk is definitely a fake. SpyMac.com is never again to be trusted.

By the way, German language wasn't the only German thing in the video, there were European power outlets. So either they're in Switzerland or Germany or somewhere in Europe speaking German.

It's a pretty good hoax but not good enough. There's a lot of other evidence to support it is not an Apple product other than geography:

1) The phrase "Apple iWalk" on the bootscreen, which is a violation of current Apple branding (putting the Apple name next to the product.) Now unless they are going through a massive, backward-stepping rebranding effort, this alone is proof enough to me that this is not real.

2) The jog wheel on the front is unecesarrily huge and over-emphasizes their logo in a way that's unprecedented for any Apple product in the last several years, even before Jobs came back.

3) Analog mic input - Apple hasn't had one of those on any hardware for quite some time, and if they were planning on it again they would have done it with the iPod not some glorified PDA. Which brings us to my next point...

4) Apple leads, and does not follow. Why would they release a PDA that has little or no significant advantages over a Windows CE based device? Sure you could say the iPod was following after other mp3 players, but it is so far different and better than any other mp3 player out there that it puts it in a class of its own in my opinion.

Want to hear why it's really fake? Apple would never name a product something as lame and stupid (what you walk while you compute?) as 'iWalk'.

C'mon... this is Apple we're talking about here.

-JoeCrow

Originally posted by joecrow
Want to hear why it's really fake? Apple would never name a product something as lame and stupid (what you walk while you compute?) as 'iWalk'.

-JoeCrow

That is probably the best point of them all!!!

Murderer909, do you work for spymac? Because I sent an email to webmaster@spymac.com with the points I put in this thread. I recieved a reply from him and I aggreed that I was too harsh on spymac. He corrected me on many of my points. I admit that I got a little carried away with my post. Sorry.

Jeff

P.S. I still don't think apple will release an iWalk, however. At least not in the form it was shown :).

Originally posted by joecrow

-JoeCrow

If you ask me, iPod is a really lame name too. The whole iWord eWord trend is really worn out.

FaRuvius

Back