Nikon View 6.2.7

tomkinsr

Registered
Recently after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.4 and subsequently 10.4.3, Nikon View 6.2.5 stopped running. As a user it would start up and immediately crash offering to send a report to Apple.
Given that I had read about many changes made in 10.4 I went to the Nikon Canada web site and downloaded and then installed Nikon View 6.2.7, hoping things would again work properly. No such luck, same failure, It starts up and then crashes offering to send a report to Apple.
I have googled extensively, run disk utility checked the disk repairded permissions, removed and installed, deleted and isntalled 6.2.7 many times, all with the same results.
On a whim I logged in as root and tried running the applicaiton and it worked.
So the application works if I log in as root and crashes if I am logged in as a normal user.

What subtle difference exists between root and a user that is Administrator thta could caus ehtis kind of behaviour and how can I fix it.
 
Back
Top