no acceptable C compiler

kxtrm

Registered
Im trying to install postgresql and i recive this error while executing ./configure
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Does anyone knows how to resolve it?, i was trying to download some updates from the developers zone in apple official website

did you install the developers package? It's a couple hundred meg download from apples site.

Brian

Can't help you with the compiler, but if it's just postgresql you want, download a pre-compiled installer-package from http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/
thank u so much m8! and thank u all for ur collective efforts as well!
i've been searchin around *nix forums & then recalled that i signed up here a few weeks ago, & voila! u guys've turned out to be most resourceful out of all the linux/unix forums on the globe!
Thanks again,
cheers!

PS. @the Mods and Admins ->> sorry, didn't realize this thread was a few years' old; didnt mean to resurrect it. ;)

Last edited:
I like seeing old threads revived now and then. It means someone remembered to use the search feature. :)

All I have to add to this thread, for anyone else searching, is that the developer tools are also included on every Mac OS X installation disc. You can get newer versions from Apple's web site, but the downloads are very large (almost a gigabyte now, IIRC), so that might not be practical.

Back