No Audio after Quicktime 7.1.5, Audio Problem with Divx Files.-

Stejimenez

Registered
Hello:

I have noticed that im having problems with the audio of some divx movies after updating to quicktime 7.1.5 . the first time i tried to load a movie quicktime toldme that it required to update some software and tried connecting to internet on Safari. Unfortunately I was without internet and could not connect... so that failed. Now i want to download whatever quicktime tried to download but it doen not ask me again. I have downloaded and reinstalled quicktime ... bit nothing... it does not ask again. How can i reset it ???

I tried reinstalling Divx codec... but its the same. even Divx player plays the file without sound.

So Now im stock with some movies that the audio does not work. I can see the movie great... but no audio. one example of a movie info reads like this:

DivX 6.0, 608 x 320, Unknown
'ms ', Stereo, 48.000 kHz
1154.80 kbits/sec

The Audio is Supposed to Be AC3 on the movies Im trying to play.

Is it a codec Missing??? What codec ???
Can anyone help???

Thanks,

Sterling Jimenez
Dominican Republic

Open /Applications/Utillity/Audio Midi Setup. In Audio Media Setup change the "Audio Output" "format" to 44.100.o Hz and then see if you get audio from the affected files.

In the audio Output section says:

"Output its not supported"

Is there something wrong with my machine ??? Its a new 17" MBP.

S. Jimenez

Near the top of the application does the "Default Output" and "System Output" have "Built-in Audio" selected?

I think the problem is in quictimes and AC3.

I played files fine with VLC.... sound was great.

If anyone knows something... I would appreciate the answer.

Best regards,

S. Jimenez

Back