No auto startUp

jomaan

Super Bull
Yesterday I installed the upgrade to Os X 10.1, and works at this time fine, but I can't find in energy saver panel the autostart up/shotdown option (like in classic), where is it??? it's in another location???

thx

Setup a cron job, you can get a cron helper at version tracker, I think it is called cronnix or something like that

I have never used them but my understanding is that cron jobs you can set events or scripts to run at certain times, Cronnix is a GUI front end for Cron so you don't have to do the CLI

well, I'll try to search cronix, I'm a zero experienced user with unix then if it's possible I'll try to avoid if exist the possiblity that an app do the job.

thx

if anyone of you never know the existance of a shutdown and startup app please let me know, posting an article

thx again

Originally posted by testuser
You could set a cron job to shutdown a machine, but I have no idea if it is possible to have one that will start it up again (after all the BSD system must be running to process the cron job).

A 3rd party app is not absolutely necessary. The crontab (chronological table?) file is right in your /etc directory. You can look at its contents from the Terminal with the command "cat /etc/crontab". Pick up a book on unix from your library, and you can learn how to modify it. But I don't think it can do the startups/shutdowns that you want it to.

I can't setup a cron job to startup the machine, but I don't know if I did correctly, otherwise I think you are in right, cron jobs only works with machine running.

thx

the fact that I can't use X to wake me up in the mornings is really pissing me off...could be the only thing restricting me from going entirely X everyday. But then if that is put in...then itunes would have to have a play on open feature that isn't there now, and I'd have to go back to using audion which I hate. hmmm

You can still set up auto wakeup in 9 (when you boot up in 9), then restart in X. After that your Mac will wake up at specified time you set in 9. It remembers!

It works for me. :)

Originally posted by ae77
You can still set up auto wakeup in 9 (when you boot up in 9), then restart in X. After that your Mac will wake up at specified time you set in 9. It remembers!

It works for me. :)

yes it works, but only for one time, in my case at second auto stratup os X won't remember.

damn!:mad:

Back