No JPEGs for background?

MaximXygo

Registered
Oh yeah, and I cannot specify JPEG files as a background picture in the Finder... (but, the default jpeg is displayed fine).

Originally posted by MaximXygo
Oh yeah, and I cannot specify JPEG files as a background picture in the Finder... (but, the default jpeg is displayed fine).

No problem here.
Does the JPEG has a file-extension?
Shouldn't be necesarry, but might be the problem.

And maybe OSX only knows the .jpg extension and not the .jpeg extension. Try changing it.

I've had the same problem, too. I've used a Photoshop-saved .jpg and .tif picture and it won't show on the desktop. Apple's OS never had a problem with extension names, so that's not the problem. But, what is?

What version of OS X are you all using?

In PB 1H39, the default desktop background is a .qtif file, whatever that is, and jpeg backgrounds work fine.

Ah that's right, it's a qtif... I'll have to see if I can get that to work. Still no luck on this side getting a jpeg to work, though.

hmmm. weird. I've only been able to use .jpg's. But they some have looked really bad depending on the resolution of the monitor settings. The quality has been inconsistent with different settings too. Sometimes it looks better with more colors, and sometimes better with fewer, even at the same hz and px depth. Hopefully this will disappear in final release.

Back