No New Hardware @ Paris - iCal, iSync... iTunes

HyperLiteG4

Registered
I just thought I'd copy and paste this for you guys from MacRumors.com.....

ThinkSecret reports that no new hardware will be revealed at Apple Expo in Paris:

Apple CEO Steve Jobs will kick off Apple Expo in Paris this Tuesday, but he will not introduce any new hardware or major hardware upgrades, Think Secret has learned. Hardware product upgrades will also be absent from Seybold.

Spymac has a similar report but indicates that iCal and iSync will be made available at the Expo.
Few reliable rumors have pegged the Powerbook updates for Apple Expo. Late August supplies of Powerbooks were low, but previous rumors indicated a January time-frame for Powerbook updates. Some have speculated that recent educational discounts which expire on Sept 25th may hint at revisions... but this remains complete speculation.

The Powerbook is currently Apple's "oldest" model -- last updated in April 2002.

In addition... according to a MacRumors source, an iTunes update is expected very soon.

Cool! I still have time to save up money for a PowerBook! :D

I just want iCal NOW dangit! I can't wait till tomorow!!! :)

Tell me about it.... between the new Mail.app, Adress Book, and iCal, they make one heLL of a great Entourage X alternative... I like the fact that they're separate but intertwined...

Does anybody know if Apple will make Palm conduits for iCal, Mail, or Adress Book (or whether they're out there already, and I just don't know about it...)?

[p]

Originally posted by PabloDiablo
Does anybody know if Apple will make Palm conduits for iCal, Mail, or Adress Book (or whether they're out there already, and I just don't know about it...)?
[p]

Looks like the bastards will only make iSync work via Bluetooth. USB would make a hell of a lot of sense. Palms, cell phones, etc.

iSync is not just for Bluetooth.... You can sync stuff with your iPod and that is through firewire. You can sync stuff with your palm via USA... The bluetooth is for syncing cell phones.

Matthew

Oh, then hopefully ther's a possibility to back up my cell phone via its USB data cable with it. All I want to do is back up the phone book in it.

Originally posted by hazmat
Oh, then hopefully ther's a possibility to back up my cell phone via its USB data cable with it. All I want to do is back up the phone book in it.

According to the site, only these phones are compatible:
Sony Ericsson T68i
Ericsson T68
Ericsson T39
Ericsson R520

Which is a bummer since I have a Motorolla/Nextel i55sr that I would love to sync with my Mac's address book!

But knowing the OS X community - someone will find a way to make more phones be compatible! :)

"But knowing the OS X community - someone will find a way to make more phones be compatible!"

I hope so, for me and my Nokia 7650

Inline_guy said: "You can sync stuff with your palm via USA..." Well, I hope I can also route that connection only once around the block here in Switzerland. Sorry, couldn't resist.

And I WANT IrDA!!! My Nokia 6510 has a great little calendar that I want to use... But if I can't keep it synched with my Mac... Well...

Originally posted by Tormente

It's a Calendar program from Apple:
http://www.apple.com/ical/

I can't wait until it's released so I can kick my.yahoo.com to the curb! :)

Oh, a DateBook on Steroids from Apple! nice nice... wondering if Apple, with the license from Palm OS, will implement Avantgo in 10.2. I do need the news on the go without having to connect online. Hmmm... keeping my fingers crossed.

iCal sounds like a great app. Looking forward to it.

I would really love it if they made the AvantGo technology available to my iPod. THAT, my friends, would kick booty.

Originally posted by adambyte
I would really love it if they made the AvantGo technology available to my iPod. THAT, my friends, would kick booty.

That would be making iPod "god-like perfect". Nah... we have to have a little flaw to be humanised. ha ha ha...

Yup, I can almost see if now... Palm OS Apps RUNNING! on iPod. ha ha ha... but i know this will not be a reality anytime soon. Just letting my imagination run wild. But the important things like address book, and schedules (iCal, which I just learnt) is important enough to be carried around. That is a good thing. How can I change and edit things in the iPod then? Any way to input data into the iPod while on the move?

Maybe a Firewire connector KEYBOARD? Third Party makers! Here is an idea.

hm, firewire keyboards not a bad idea...

why would it be such a leap for AvantGO to be on the iPod, if you handle all connections and management from the Mac, as opposed to from the handheld (or iPod, rather), and just replace the old info on sync? Hm.... yeah, I miss AvantGo ever since my Palm V succumbed to burglar envy...It would definitely rock on the iPod

Back