No power with ADC monitor plugged in

dkolenda

Registered
As soon as I plug in my Studio Monitor in the ADC port, everything loses power. this stopped happening for a few weeks, then started up again.

Which model of computer? When did it start happening? How long had you used it before it started failing (years, months)? What video card do you have (if you don't know, go to System Profiler).

My Powermac Dual 1.25GHZ G4 has an Nvidia Ti4600 128MB video card. It has in the past driven two 17" LCD monitors. One connected to the ADC port is a Formac 17" ADC LCD. The other is a NEC 17" VGA LCD with a dvi adapter to connect to the DVI port.

From Oct. 2003 until today, the computer would function perfectly with two monitors. Today, it won't power up with the Formac ADC. When everything else is disconnected (Firewire, USB devices, LCD VGA monitor) it still won't power up. This makes me believe the problem lies in the video card.

I blew out the dust from the innards and case. I performed my cron tasks, repaired the permissions and drives. I reset the PMU and removed the cmos battery No luck still, the computer will only work with a single VGA LCD.

I really hope it's just the video card or power supply. I can't imagine buying a new logic board and having to fix this myself. I already have 1 TB of ATA storage and I want to spend for a newer Mac.

I would agree that the Video Card is suspect. I would see if you can find someone else's machine to plug the Formac into and see what happens.

Back