"No PPPoE server found" message after ISP swich

mala

Registered
Hi,

a friend of mine has an Airport base station I've identified as a Airport Extreme with modem (round snow white, silver Apple logo, WAN,LAN,modem,USB ports) according to this site http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107908. It's about three years old she says.
When she now has changed from one service provider to another things doesn't work as it should anymore. I get internet connection ok after startup of the base station and can work wireless for hours, but as soon as I reboot her iBook G4 (10.3.9 all Software Updates) it stops working and I get the message " No PPPoE server found for the service. Delete the service name and try again". If I then reboot the base station with Airport admin tool and then restart Airport on the Mac I get it to work again. Until next reboot....
I've just upgraded the base station to 5.7 but the problem remains the same. Any other suggestions?

TIA

Mans

Not sure, but it sounds like you have the computer(s) setup to do PPPoE. They shouldn't be. The Base Station should be set to do the PPPoE for you, and then each computer connects using DHCP only.

Back