No response

coondog

Registered
On November 15th, I posted the problem quoted below. I noticed it has been viewed 25 times, but nobody has offered a suggestion. This is my first foray into the forum industry. Is this typical? Pardon my lack of patience, but this problem is really irritating.

"I have an iMac G5 running 10.3.9 - I can't get sound to work on some of my games(medal of honor etc), but sound works fine using iTunes and quicktime player and other games(call of duty). When I start up using an external drive, all sounds work fine on the very same games. What would allow cause this? I have tried messing with preferences in each app, with no success."

Thanks for your response. Someone else had suggested opening and closing Garageband, which effectively did the same thing as the article suggested. That is, it reset the Audio Midi settings. Now my sound issue is fixed. However, now Garageband "unexpectedly quits" if I try to open it. I can't really say its a new problem, since I've never opened the program before. Any ideas short of a re-install?

Back