NO sound from WMV or Quicktime??

antonioconte

Registered
I have a problem that is really weird, I first thought something was strange when trying to play any wmv movies, it keeps on coming up with an error just before it plays, "This file may not play correctly because it was coimpressed by using a codec that is not support" odd cause it played ok before? but there's no sound now?? then in Quicktime 7.0.2, there's no sound playing through that either?? any ideas what's happend? even flash swf files don't play either. What has happened?

PS, I'm on a powerbook 17" 1.67mhz and running 10.4.2 btw

antonioconte said:
I have a problem that is really weird, I first thought something was strange when trying to play any wmv movies, it keeps on coming up with an error just before it plays, "This file may not play correctly because it was coimpressed by using a codec that is not support" odd cause it played ok before? but there's no sound now?? then in Quicktime 7.0.2, there's no sound playing through that either?? any ideas what's happend? even flash swf files don't play either. What has happened?

PS, I'm on a powerbook 17" 1.67mhz and running 10.4.2 btw

I have the same exact problem did you fix it?!?! im going crazy no sound - exactly the way you described it, please someone help!!!

i am on the new imac g5 (w/frontrow)

i have the same problem here. i just upgraded from mac os10.3.7 to 10.3.9 on a g4 1.3 dual machine where everything was working just fine. wmv files play back with sound using the flip4mac workaround and quicktime, but you have to pay for that and it only works in safari, not firefox plus you have to download the files, so no plug and play. what is the deal? it makes no sense that upgrading from 10.3.7 to 10.3.9 would cause it to play the vide without sound. even after reinstalling the damn thing for the nth time. microsoft really does not give a rat's ass about mac users i guess. or something. please help this is sooo annoying.

try launching garage band if you have it for some odd reason it interferes with audio playbacks of videos see if it helps

well i dont have garageband but i think my problem has something to do with the updated version of protools le 6.9 i installed. the audio in windows media seems to work when i route it through the outputs of the computer but not through my digi002, which is how i've been doing it for the last 2 years or so. if you check your settings in the audio/midi setup program in the utilities folder, make sure it is set to output at 16bit and through the outputs of your computer. changing that solved the problem in as much as i get sound out of the computer now. i still can't get it to output out my digi002, but at least i know where the problem lays now.

Back