no Stuffit Expander in Tiger?

yanges

MacHead
i saw a post from someone that Stuffit Expander is not included in Tiger?

seems kinda odd that it would not be updated and included like it usually is in Mac OS's :confused:

Not worth a separate thread. Answer the post you've found about it instead. And: Yes, Expander's missing from the OS installation. However you can still install it yourself or keep it if you upgrade from Panther.

fryke said:
Not worth a separate thread. Answer the post you've found about it instead. And: Yes, Expander's missing from the OS installation. However you can still install it yourself or keep it if you upgrade from Panther.

well, it supposedly does not work with Tiger from the Panther version...

that is my concern....

versiontracker indicates it works with 10.3 and up, but no mention of 10.4?

Stuffit has the most annoying website. Almost impossible to download the thing without giving out your email address.

That was a pain in the you know what, having to navigate all those pages just to download a little piece of software. I had to make sure my old hotmail account was still active....no way i'd give out my .mac email.

I agree with others here that it is time for Stuffit to go away.

Despite this I downloaded the latest free version and it works as usual.

\Mike

Yes, but they are sure slow in responding via email for the download. I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

StuffIt must go away? Yeah, sure. Then you guys have not stuffed a lot of files in the past 15 years like I have. ;) ... But I guess it won't just go away. I think it's a pity Expander is not part of OS X any longer. It really should be. Unless Tiger could unrar, unstuff etc. out of the box.

OZZIE said:
I agree with others here that it is time for Stuffit to go away.

Despite this I downloaded the latest free version and it works as usual.

\Mike

so what is there to use instead if you need an expander for stuffed files?

nothing. that's the problem. just keep StuffIt Expander somewhere. And don't stuffit first. ;) (Friend of mine actually did that.)

I'm already gonna get their junkmail, so let me spare you of it: Download StuffIt without providing your addy. That link should work. If it doesn't, let me know so I can remove it.

(The email they send to provide you with a link to the download says... "By confirming your email address and downloading this file, you are signing up to receive periodic followup emails from us.")

Back