No Word on..

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
There has been no word about Bootcamp and Vista... Sure you can go to any Apple Fourm and find an install fix for it... but there is no Word yet from Apple if Bootcamp and Vista will work... Plus to make things more hellish... Vista comes in several flavors... All Expensive too... So Which versions of Vista will be supported? All or a few? Basic or Ultimate?

Anyway... I am Pondering..

I can't picture Apple making any kind of promise that Vista will work - it hardly works as it is on PC systems, and I think Apple want to keep it at arms length.

I'm avoiding Vista at least for the first six months. Everything I've heard about it suggests that it is a royal pain in the posterior to get it even close to running smoothly. This will change quickly, but right now I wouldn't go near it.

I think that Vista will be supported in the full Boot Camp Release that will come with Leopard. It would make no sense for Apple to spend so much time developing a product for OS that will not be around for much longer.

I have not found the full version of Vista to be a pain to get running at all. Some of the test versions were slow due to the amount of debug code in them and some lack of hardware support, but it is running on my 4 year old laptop with no problems using all built in drivers.

Back