Nokia 445Xi - Black Display

roland_x2

Registered
Hello,

I have a Nokia 445Xi monitor, with a diagonal of 21’, made in 1998 and refurbished in 2001. Made in Finland.

The problem that I have is that the monitor remains black after I turn on the system… I have changed the resolution and… nothing. I have also put the monitor on another system, but it was of no use. The monitor has worked so far at a resolution of 1280 by 1024 at a frequency of 75-80 Hz.

If I open the monitor (without turning the system on) I get the “Self-Test” message with the three RGB colour stripes. If I shut down and then open the monitor again while the PC is working, I get for a fraction of a second the “Self-Test” message with the three RGB colour stripes and some sort of coloured “fleas” (specks) and then the screen goes black again. It does not go into Stand-by.

I have to mention the fact that on rare occasions (3 or 4 times during the last year) the monitor has behaved in the same manner, an error that I could solve by shutting down and then re-opening the monitor from the Power button.

If there is anything I can do to get the monitor working again, please tell me.

Have a good day,
Gelu

Back