Nokia (6680 IMO) via a Mac.

dalo

Registered
Hi folks.

To start off, I'm on the bus right now, using my Nokia 6680 as a bluetooth modem. It works totally flawlessly. I can send SMS through it via AdressBook, too ;-)

But something is bugging me. Hoping you guys has any suggestions. See, my phone has got a 64Mb memory card in it, allowing for storage of pictures, movies, or whatever. A flash drive. When I was on my PC (Windows) and used Nokia PC Suite, that software allowed for me to put things directly.

But since I'm now a mac owner, things have been little harder for me living with my cellphone. When I send things to the phone, it arrives as a MESSAGE, hence placing itself in the phone's memory. There's no way for me to transfer songs to my phone anymore, because the phones memory is a weak 8Mb. It's supposed to land diretly on the memory card, remember? :(

I guess I need software to do stuff like this. Something equalivent to Nokia PC Suite, but for mac. Like, reading the Inbox from the phone on my computer, etc, etc. With PC Suite I can ever change ringtones without touching the phone.,

I guess I am not the only one using a Nokia and a mac. Can anyone come up with any suggestions of software for this? Let's start a debate about this and post in this forum se we can help others!

How are you sending things to your phone from your Mac? I may not be much of a help here because I'm using a Motorola RAZR but I'd imagine the file sending/browsing process would be similar.

I just use the bluetooth File Exchange program that came with the Mac to send (and recieve) all files to my phone. Is there some other way you're doing it?

Is there some other way you're doing it?

Well, that's my question, really. I do the way you do, now, too. But I don't like this way. Because files arrive as messages on the phone, resulting in the phones memory being used, not the memory card.

On a PC, I can with Nokia PC Suite open up the memory card folder (like a usb flash drive) and drag and drop stuff there anytime.

See the problem?

Back