Nokia announces Microsoft tie-up...

Thanks for bringing the thread back on track diablojota!!

Its true - regardless of what you think of the nokia product - they have an extensive range of products and a huge base of customers. Getting the apple brand and itunes GUI on those fones would have been a massive boon.

Symphonix: You're totally wrong. Nokia is not in any way abandoning Series 60. Just the music part has to do with WMA and DRM and Microsoft, not the Microsoft phone OS or anything. Series 60 is the most successful smartphone operating system out there by FAR, Microsoft is _no_where to be seen on that map. And Series 60 v3 was just announced in Cannes. There's no reason for Nokia to abandon such a successful platform. And no sign of it, either.

I have always thought motorola phones to be relatively durable and of quality, but the interface/operating system is absolutely HORRIBLE. And slow, on alot of models.

I have a Samsung phone now but I'm definitely missing my Nokia--the interface is nicer. WAY nicer.

It is his opinion and he is emphatic about it. Is there a need to confront Randman on a matter of semantics? For most things there is no true absolute best product, this is a given. You are baiting him for no reason that I can determine.

Pengu said:
I have my opinion too. so if we aren't supposed to talk about things from our own point of view, giving our opinions, WHY THE HELL ARE WE POSTING ON A FORUM?

Dude, relax. Randman posted his opinion, and there was nothing wrong with that. He said that it is the best phone, bar none. That is still his opinion. You jumped all over him for stating his opinion. A better response from you could've /would've been, "Yo, I think that the phone XYZ 2345 is the best thing ever". And it would've kept things civil. You attacked his opinion. You have your opinion. That's the point of the forum. To have civil discussions and not particularly knock someone elses opinion (unless they just absolutely hate Macintoshes and love MS land and Dell).
We are all posting our opinions on this forum, as well as providing help.
Again, take a page from Pimp my Ride and "Chill", it was just Randman's opinion that he was stating emphatically. Just because he loves that phone doesn't mean you need to use it or go out and buy it right away. It is still opinion. He posted his opinion. You post yours. Don't attack him for his opinion. YOu can disagree with it, but don't attack it.

Don't care enough, Pengu. Please just make sure (everyone, not just one person) that you don't attack people too harshly. Let's not evolve this thread into too much of a flamewar. Let's stay on topic a bit more. From time to time, reading the headline again should help here.

Back