Non-iPod with iTunes?

Not without 3rd-party hacks, I guess. One thing to remember, though: It all depends on what sound-format your files are in. Most players will probably accept MP3-files, but some might choke on iTunes' AAC files and all of them will choke on DRM'd iTunes files bought from the iTunes Store.

I think MarkSpace's software can achieve iTunes synching for some devices, but there's no simple rule for _any_ "non-iPod", as you call it. What device do you want to use - and why not an iPod? They're great and inexpensive enough...

I do have 2 Shuffles but I also have an Insignia Sport that has video capability and 4GB flash for $65 a bought a year ago.

Also one of my Shuffles has a bad battery, is there any way to fix it?

From what I heard there are a few supported mp3 players that are supported, but the sync funtion is not. So it makes no difference if you drag music files over or do it on iTunes.

Just thinking back, if I remember correctly iTunes used to support a lot of MP3 players. However, I think that was before the iPod came. I used my Rio with iTunes, back when 32mb was huge.....

My first Rio had 64 MB. :) ... Support meant that it showed in iTunes. You had to drag songs to it manually always, though.

Back