Norton & alsoft not working with 10.3.3?

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
I bought Norton utilities and Diskwarrior when I had 10.2.3. I decided today to defrag my powerbook and booting up from the CDs gives me a kernal panic. What gives?

Nortons shouldn't be used on an OS X system. It has caused a lot of people major problems.

Symantec has drop development for Nortons on the Mac platform.

Get TechTool Pro instead.

Upgrade your DiskWarior to the latest version.

I'm having a similar problem with a FAT32 external disk. I bought Alsoft Diskwarrior yesterday and it won't mount the FAT32. I'm going to take it to one of my Window Friends and see if their disk utilities will work on it. I have 40GB of missing folders and I'm scared. This was the backup data and it was to be transferred between two comptuers! The data loss was in the physical transport (I unplugged the drive approrpiately and was brining is home across town). Argh.

Does anyone know of any disk utilities that work on FAT 32 for the Mac? Alsoft doesn't and Tech Tools won't. OS 9 tried to rebuild the desktop and index the files and this just wasn't working the way that I had planned.

Fat32 isn't a Mac format. Use Nortons for Windows on that drive while connected to a PC.

Back