Nortons can't see my HD

Splinky

Registered
I threw out a folder by mistake. I tried to use Nortons Unerase to try and recover these files. For some reason my HD icon does no appear in the un erase selection window. I also tried to run Disc Dr. and I came across the same problem.
For some reason Nortons is not recognizing my HD.

I even downloaded a program called Data Rescue X and that too was unable to run a recover session.

I am running on OSX 10.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Jaguar (10.2) broke it! This is a known bug by Symantec and will be fixed in the future.
For now, Norton Utilities is useless with Jaguar.
Sorry.:mad:

Any idea on what I should do about recovering these files. It's nothing big, Just a few photo's and documents.
If I run Nortons in 9 would it recover files from OSX 10.2?

Do you have a copy of OS 9 installed on the drive currently, or just OS X? If formatted your drive before installing 10.2, you might not have installed the OS 9 driver on the disk. This prevents the disk from being visible to any program in OS 9 except Drive Setup. Try booting off of an OS 9 install CD and running Drive Setup to check to see if the drive shows up in the list. If it does, use Drive Setup to update the disk driver (this will install the OS 9 driver) but be sure not to initialize anything! Just select the drive from the list and select the update driver option from one of the menus in Drive Setup (can't remember which one).

Of course if you have OS 9 installed on the drive now, none of this applies.

Good luck.

I also tried to run Drive 10. And now for some reason it can only diagnose the problem but says it cannot repair. The same goes for optimizing. "This volume is read only. While you may perform read-only tests on this volume, it is not available for repair."
I feel like I can't run any diagnostics of any sort on my machine. It's starting to run a little sluggish.

Viking I do have 9 istalled as well.

Back