Not a tablet/Not necessarily an iPod says LoopRumors

MacLegacy

Unemployed Student!
Take a step back and think about this one. Apple Computer makes computers. It’s unlikely they would introduce a computer “Tablet” as part of the digital hub strategy for several reasons. The most important reason to note is that it would compete with, and take away sales from laptops. With an introduction of a product like the iPod, Apple hoped to spawn a new wave of consumers upgrading and buying Macs with FireWire ports. It’s called strategy. By releasing a Tablet computer, Apple would be taking sales away from one item in the store and simply putting it toward another. Instead, it is more likely from a marketing standpoint that they will release an “iGadget.” Using this approach, Apple benefits two-fold. Consumers buy the iGadget, and those who have older Macs, purchase new ones to go with it. Our sources indicate that the iGadget is larger than an iPod and roughly the same size as Apple’s Newton. We derive it will be smaller than the tablets on the market today. More information on what we know in the story below.

Check back later today for an update.

Seems logical to me that Apple would not take away sales from a product to give sales to another. When was the Apple Newton released btw?

This just in!

LoopRumors has learned more information on the upcoming video “iGadget.” Apparently it will be a digital lifestyle device, and ‘not necessarily’ an iPod, but rather ‘similar to an iPod.’ Its dimensions are slightly larger, closer in size to Apple’s Newton. We also know that the processor is ‘more powerful than any other [handheld] device [on the market] today.’ We also learned that it will NOT take away from sales of the iPod, as its features are different and ‘much more advanced’ than its cousin. The iPod was said to be the guinea pig to see if such a market exists outside Apple’s base of computer users. Our source claims that the iPod was introduced to a small media audience incase the MP3 player wasn’t well received or very successful. Since its introduction, the iPod has done better than expected appearing in retail locations and on Dell’s website. Plans for this new "iGadget" developed quickly and became a priority. Our source tells us that the device will work and charge over FireWire, be video enabled and use Apple’s inkwell technology. Sporting a beautiful enclosure with a color screen it has ‘several uses with plenty of room to grow!’

What size was the Apple Newton, does it make for an acceptable viewing screen? Processor more powerful than any other on the market, that's interesting :D

The fact that they mention it will use Apple inkwell's technology makes me think it won't just be for photos and videos purposes, although I could see the possibility of writing on a picture.. Maybe it will have a TextEdit like application which also lets us take notes. I realize it's MOSR who said that but I could also see that new device sporting the three color widgets (on the enclosure) just like on a Mac OS X window and personally I would like it.

Aah, can't wait until tomorrow

Comments?

P.S: Check back later today for that update, it ain't up yet

veeeery interesting :D

I'd like to see a super-advanced iPod, that would be great if done right (and hey, this is apple we're talking about ;))

AND, maybe it will have that glowing technology in the patent! a glowing newton-like advanced iPod, who COULDN'T want one? :D

Originally posted by xaqintosh
AND, maybe it will have that glowing technology in the patent! a glowing newton-like advanced iPod, who COULDN'T want one? :D

A student like me who doesn't have enough money to buy any of that stuff?
Oh wait, you said WANT, nevermind then :D

so xaq was this thread title better??:rolleyes:

I think if Apple doesn't come out with an iTablet, powerTablet, they're gonna see Tablet PC take market share from power book/ibook. So what would they rather see?: iTablet take share from ibook/powerbook, or Tablet PC? If apple is thinking long term, they need to make sure their client space is fully covered, imho

What size was the Apple Newton, does it make for an acceptable viewing screen?

The Newton has a great size screen. I have a 130 and it would be great for viewing video, etc.

LoopRumors.com is good. I like reading their stuff, but at 11pt we will know if they were right...

Back