not able to receive emails from myself

carolynbaas

Registered
I am using Mac OSX software.

On entourage, I am able to receive emails from others but not from myself. My email address is programed in my address book and labeled as "this contact is me." Any ideas?

Thank you,
Carolyn

Are you using mail filters to block junk/spam? If so, there may be something in the label you've given yourself that is triggering a filter. Secondly, have you checked any Junk/Spam folder you may have in place to see if your emails to yourself are ending up there?

... Secondly, have you checked any Junk/Spam folder you may have in place to see if your emails to yourself are ending up there?
My experience with Entourage is that it will hide the OP's messages filtered as SPAM. The only way for her to see flagged messages is to use a different email client. Because my firm uses an Exchange server, I must use Entourage [or Outlook Web Access] for email at work. I was not receiving certain essential messages because they had been wrongly flagged as SPAM. My only recourse was to use Entourage with the SPAM filter turned off.

Back