Not able to record +R DL media

epiovani

Registered
I am a "That Other OS Support Tech That Made The Move" to a Mac Mini 2 years ago. Since then, I got a Superdrive (Matshita UJ-846) and a Wireless Mighty Mouse retired. The Superdrive has hardly a hundred of DVD's recorded when it died, and the Mighty Mouse could not stand a cleaning trial. So much to the 'Wonderful but outsourced in China" Apple hardware. Gotta love those US$ 3 optical mice that outlasts those shiny white, US$ 100 Dove bars.
Anyway, after getting a new "Superdrive" (Another Matshit*, this time a UJ-846S) it keeps playing its tricks on me. It fails miserably to record any DL media, either on the Superdrive or in an external LG recorder I got at hand, either using Toast or DU, so it is not hardware, I suppose. Anyone with similar problems could help me solve this mistery. And by the way, booting to Vista and using Nero or Final Burner does not help either. Leopard says it's a 'Media Sense Error'. Any clues?

BTW, I have just finished recording after compressing to a -R, SL media. But the Recorder Info reckons the DL media, and says it's recordable.

Back