Not really final ...or so it seems!

ElGreco

Registered
Hi!
I found two oddities in OS X Final 4K78, that strike me as neat.

1. Look in your home directory unter "Sites". Click on index.html and you will find the MacOS Help opening the following text:

"Welcome to Mac OS X Personal Web Sharing (This page is a placeholder. Real content will come from marketing before we ship. No complaining! :)"

They didn´t take it too seriously in Cupertino with the words "before we ship"! ;-)))

2. At least in the German System open "Mac Help" in the Finder and push the "back" button at the bottomn of the window. The second entry in the "Help Center" shows something in Japanese.

No idea what it is about, neither what the pages behind this link are supposed to be. They are so confused there at Apple... But still, what was the world without the Apple???

Have Fun!
ElGreco

I just ran the software update to get OS X 10.0.1. It went fine and the installer told me that the process had finished successfully and forced me to reboot. Now, when I open the Information from the Finder Menu, it still says D1-10.0.0.

Is there an explanation for this?

Later,
ElGreco

I just ran the software update to get OS X 10.0.1. It went fine and the installer told me that the process had finished successfully and forced me to reboot. Now, when I open the Information from the Finder Menu, it still says D1-10.0.0.

Is there an explanation for this?

Later,
ElGreco

Back