Not Sure

Ludwig517

Registered
I am a fairly new mac user. I have a macbookpro.
1. I have an HP psc 1350 printer. How do I add it?
2. I seem to be able to view my sent emails in gmail in mac mail but not in my inbox. I do not have a .mac acct. I have an error message next to gmail settings on the left saying check your server and authentication. I also have road runner email and do not get an error message. When I view my emails through google, I can see all my messages - incoming and outgoing. In other words, I would like to just click on the mail icon and be able to access incoming and outgoing gmail.

I am a fairly new mac user. I have a macbookpro.

Congratulations ;) Enjoy your MBP!

1. I have an HP psc 1350 printer. How do I add it?

It should be fairly painless to do this. Connect your printer, turn it on then navigate to your Utlilities Folder (Command + U from Finder) and look for the Printer Setup Utility. Launch it and click on the Add icon in the Menu Bar.

In the above image, you can see my installed printers but your list may or may not be empty, it depends.

After clicking the "Add" icon the Printer Browser window launches. Make sure the Default Browser icon in the upper left is highlighted.

It's in this window that your HP will be listed if it's connected properly and switched on.

If you see your Printers name, highlight it if it's not already highlighted, and click the "Add" button to finish off.

2. I seem to be able to view my sent emails in gmail in mac mail but not in my inbox. I do not have a .mac acct. I have an error message next to gmail settings on the left saying check your server and authentication.

You are really going to have to go through and check everything, all the account settings etc ... Gmail have a very good guide on their website about how to do this .... Just delete the account and start fresh, following all the steps and then let us know which particular step you get stuck at ...

How set up your Apple Mail client to work with Gmail.

Last edited:
Back