Now that is late: Halo Demo

Damrod

Registered
Wow, is that late or what? More than 1 and a half years after Halo was released for the Mac, MacSoft released a Demo for it this week. Wouldn't that make more sense when a game is newly released rather then when it's already a while on the market and rather... old?

got it on my xBox (and halo 2, the only two games i play), but gonna download it anyway just to see how it runs :)

to bad about the download speed of the server they have the demo on. it won't let me download faster than 100kb/s, anybody else with this problem?

Decado said:
got it on my xBox (and halo 2, the only two games i play), but gonna download it anyway just to see how it runs :)

to bad about the download speed of the server they have the demo on. it won't let me download faster than 100kb/s, anybody else with this problem?

I started with about 160, and from there it went constantly down to about 90... Just get a cup of tea or watch some Red vs Blue to kill the time until it's finished :)

i downloaded it also... if you wanna play me my name is SAINT.... see you around...

no, just a few weird things concerning performance. as long as the covenants don't shoot at me with their purple energy rifles everything is smoother when i have maxed out all the graphic options than when i have them on a minimum (when i say "max out", i mean picking the highest options availible on my computer, well aware of that someone with a G5 and better graphics card have a few higher options to choose from).

I tried maxing out the settings both inside and 'outside' the game (in the dialog before the game starts), and I must say it's pretty suprising good. Could be smoother, but ok.

Still, on the PC at my parents place it looks more precious... :( Must be because of their RADEON 9800 Pro, that's just better compared to my Readeon 9000

EDIT: I noticed that my machine goes to it's knees especially when something with a constant sound appears, like Covenant Dropships for example. Apart from that, it runs really quite fine

Back