Now these are the kind of sites i like to see...

WeeZer51402

Registered
I was searching google for something and it poped up this. While it shows from end users perspective that XP rated higher in some areas but overall OS X scored higher.

I wonder if Longhorns "task based" interface will include ease of use in the task "update to this weeks security patch"?

i like to refer to the ' Aliases vs Shortcuts ' section.

The author forgot to test WHAT IF the file is removed from the original folder to a new folder. At X, we do update the Aliases automatically. This is a very good features i must add. Im not sure if anyone notice this or not.

Section : Application / Document Switching

another feature, is when we press cmd-tab once, it will display all of the applications running on the Mac. If you notice, when we move mouse over the tab, we can select which application we want to activate. This is another good features if we opened like 5 to 10 apps at one time. XP does not allows us to select which apps, instead we need to tab all the way to tenth apps to activate it.

dlloyd said:
But, for those who don't, always good to mention it!

Only registered today on my first visit ( led here by reading about iBox,) so it was my first hearing about it. Thanks. :)

I've known about that site for a while, but it's always nice to be reminded of it, especially as the author updates it from time to time. Another one is www.macvspc.info, though it's more for convincing the reader why Macs are better suited for education, as well as business, home use, and everything else under the sun.

Speaking of this site, I think it and others like it are interesting, but let's face it, as a usability person myself, we can debate minutia, data and theory until the sun goes down. However, as someone who has used both PCs and Macs for years and years there is something unquantifiable going on. I simply feel better and enjoy my Macs more - a lot more - especially since OS X! If we try to pick apart why I love my Mac and/or don't love my Windows machines, well, I'm just not sure it would work (or be much fun).

Donald Norman, another usability "guru" who many people can love or hate has taken up on this idea in his exploration of "emotional design" - why we love or hate the things we use. Donald approaches this as a revelation, but for industrial, graphic and product designers outside of computers, this is very old news. I imagine designers would laugh at the attempts to quantify this sort of thing. You can't create a formula for it, you either have designers who "get it" or don't. Apple may make some usability errors here and there, but overall they certainly "get it."

Back