nrg files

ultraviolet7

Registered
Hi
first thing I don't know if this is the right forum to post this. If it isn't I apologise.

I've got an .nrg file (it's a DVD-Video VIDEO_TS folder) which I know is a Nero image file. I can mount it with Toast Titanium. When mounted I can watch the DVD, use the menus, etc. with VLC. The problem is that when I burn the disc and pop it into a standalone DVD player, the DVD loads OK, gets to the main menu and when you click on any of the chapters the disc goes into play mode but there's no image and no audio (I see the display showing the chapters and time counter, but the image remains frozen on the menu). If I pop the same disc into the computer it works perfectly well. When I go into the navigation inner menu on my standalone (a Pioneer DV578A) it displays the titles it "sees" but the ones corresponding to the main movie are empty. The extras however play OK. Since this DVD player reads both PAL and NTSC, this is not the problem. I've never had any issue with discs burnt from regular .iso files, but since this is the first time I burn a disc from a .nrg file, which is not a Mac compatible format, I thought this might be the problem.

I'm on a G5 Dual 2.7 GHz PPC running Tiger 10.4.11 and using Toast Titanium 7. I have no access to a Windows based computer. I tried mounting with nrg4iso, thinking that maybe there was some issue with the way Toast mounts the .nrg image, but the resulting iso is unreadable by disk utility. Naturally I burnt the disc twice to check for faulty media, though I'm using Verbatim DVD-Rs with which I've never had any trouble. The second disc had the same problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Back