nytimes cookie

Buzzy

Registered
Why does a 'nytimes' cookie keep regenerating itself on Safari? I told a friend of mine about this and he told me the same thing happens on his computer. We both have G5's using 10.4.6. and despite continually trashing the cookie, and never visiting the site, the cookie always comes back (just like the cat...).

Any thoughts on this?

.Bzz...

I have the same issue with two Netflix cookies, a site I visit only in Firefox but its cookies also appear in Safari somehow.

Yes, the Netflix cookies were there. Isn't that just where Safari stores its cookies?

I deleted the file with Safari closed and then navigated to Netflix in Firefox, the cookies appeared again in that file.

Are you saying that Firefox wrote cookies to that file? I haven't heard of that behavior. I thought that FF only knew about its own cookies.txt.

Perhaps someone else here has experienced this.

I can no longer replicate this issue. This time I emptied my trash after deleting ~/Library/Cookies/Cookies.plist. I'm guessing what was happening was that Safari was stubbornly recreating deleted cookies and not that Firefox was somehow saving cookies in Safari's cookie file.

Grrrr! It just happened again. I am absolutely certain that I did not visit Netflix.com via Safari but there's their cookies in Safari. It may be related to private browsing, the only reason that I ever use Safari. I wish that I could replicate this issue at will, but so far I can't.

Back