Odd Classic Color Problem

mystique

Ms b3s 2 b
I have recently seperated from my husband, leaving my 12 yr old daughter with him, taking the new G4 (of course :D ) and leaving her with a Beige G3 with 9.2. I have recently returned home to visit and while using the G3 noticed some odd abnormalties that I've been unable to fix.

Example: After using it awhile, message boxes, error boxes and just regular text will suddenly become highlighted in an array of colors for no apparent reason. For example, the remote access box will suddendly have the words: Name, Password, Connected At, Connected To, highlighted in yellow-brown. An error messsage will be highlighted in bright purple.

The G3 is running two monitors, a Portrait, 17" Pivoting monitor on an ATI Radeon card and a regular Maxtech 15" on the card that was installed in the G3 to begin with. Yesterday I took everything apart, checked all connections, reinstalled software, checked control panel settings (I know she'd been tweaking because the keyboard was set on lightening speed). I can't find a thing wrong and nothing changes it. I changed the resolution and it still pops up for no apparent reason.

Anyone ever seen this before and/or have any idea what might be going on? Any help or suggestions (besides don't leave decent computers in the hands of 12 yr olds no matter HOW smart they are :p ) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Myst=-

Did you trash the preference file of:
Montior
Finder
Display
Mac OS
Then restart the computer and at the same time hold down the option and the apple keys until you get a dialog box asking if you wish to do a desktop rebuild. This will come up after the extensions load at the bottom of the screen. Release the keys and click on the okay button.

That should correct the problem. ;)

Back