Off network login problem

Tommo

Registered
I have a Powerbook user who is having problems logging in when not connected to the network. In common with all other Mac portables it is bound to the Active Directory domain with a mobile account being created.

When the machine is not physically connected to the network and the user tries to login he just gets a spinning beachball, no error and no login. On other machines I have encountered this on a power cycle usually resolves the problem, but not in this case.

Any ideas to the solution will be gratefully recieved.

The machine in question has just been re-built ( to try and resolve this issue) and is running 10.4.9.

It the problem is confined to just one user on the machine, then it may be because that user's login accesses an app or file on the network work at login.

The user is the sole user on the machine. The user's home network share would mount if it was connected to the network, but that is the same on all the other Powerbooks and they seem to have no problem.

I was thinking maybe a profile problem, but I can't narrow it down any further as the user is a little possessive of his system.

Back