Office 2001 on MacOS X

clemare

Registered
Is Office 2001 a Carbon application? I mean, it requires MacOS9 subsystem or run directly on MacOS X?

Thanks

clemare

You'll have to run it under classic mode in OS X since it's an OS 9-specific app. Office v. X is designed to run in OS X native.

and office 2001 + classic is a very good way to crash. I know that, I'm forced to use 2001 in classic until my bibliographic add-on (endnote) will be supported in OSX. and it's awful, compared to office X.

I would have to agree with rezba, Classic + Office 2001 = MANY MANY CRASHES. For me PowerPoint seemed to crash the most often, with Word and Excel following. It gets to be an automatic response after a while that you save your works every 25 keystrokes or 45 seconds to minimize data loss.

Yeah I'll just add my $0,02 about that and say that Office 2001 and Office X are miles apart, and I much prefer the latter.

My system crashed with 2001 ALL the time :(

chemistry_geek : your office 2001 crash while you save your work, as mine. Every serious disk access seems to be able to cause crash with 2001 and classic. That's really the point.

Hm. . .

I'm not trying to rub it in (really), but I use Office 2001 all the time in Classic (9.22 on 10.1.4). It's very stable.

Doug

Back