Office 2001 vs Office v.X - worth buying 2001?

ksignorini

Registered
I was wondering if someone could give me an idea what Office 2001 is like and possibly how it compares to Office v.X.

I have the option of purchasing Office 2001 for a very, very low price brand new and I was wondering if it would be worth it. It's about 1/3 the price I'll have to pay for Office v.X.

And, will 2001 run under Classic without any trouble?

Thanks,
Kent!

I have both 2001 and X versions of Office. I prefer the X version, as I don't want to have to run classic. Feature wise, there are things in the newer version that don't exist in 2001.
If you have the money, buy it, as I would hope you want to leave OS 9 in the past.

To answer the question of whether 2001 runs in Classic, yes it does. I don't know how well, since I don't deal with the apps a lot. I can still tell you that PowerPoint sucks! Yuck.

Sorry, I didn't make it apparent in my post, but Office 2001 runs in classic as MDLarson pointed out.
There are still some problems with Office X. I have had it crash a few times, as has 2001 in Classic.
If all you need is the occasional ability to open a .doc or .xls, stick with 2001 or use AppleWorks to convert formats.

Back