Office 2004 performance on G5

HateEternal

Mac Metal Head
I'm here at an Apple store trying out a MacBook. I have to say, even though word is running on rosetta it seems a lot quicker than Word on my G5. It doesn't seem to really matter what I am doing, things just take longer. For example, indenting with a bulleted list is painful as hell. It seems fine on the MacBook.

So whats up? Any idea's how I can maybe get some performance back... I mean its almost embarassing on that beefy of a computer.

If you're at an Apple store, can you compare to a G5 directly there? Maybe you'll find out it shouldn't be that slow on your computer like that...
What I can tell you is that on my PowerBook, indenting (bulleted list) in Word 2004 is instant after I've applied the function the first time. The first time, Word seems to have to think about it a second or so...

I had some issues with the Office X version on the new PowerBook, but after upgrading it to the 2004 edition everything works great (even when running on battery only).

Definitely sounds like something might have gone haywire on your G5, it should be more than capable for Office. Did you remember to remove the test drive edition (if it was included) before installing the full edition?

Back