Office 2004 Window Positioning

jamike

Registered
My Office 2004 worked great for about a month. Since yesterday, when I open a new Word window, it opens a little bit smaller than full screen, which is annoying because when I want to grab the scrollbar I click just outside the window and Word loses focus, because the window doesn't go all the way to the edge of the screen but ends a millimeter before the edge.

I tried to resize the window, close, reopen, same thing. I tried to save it as a "Normal" Template in the Apps/MS Office/Office/Startup/Word folder, but no change. I also tried to dump all the MS preferences, and reinstall Office from scratch, no difference. It's really annoying because I have to resize every window I open in order to be able to scroll comfortably. It also does this with older documents that I open.

Excel does simmilar thing. It opens a little bit further to the left and top than it should. The top of the window is underneath the lowest toolbar and the left side of the window is underneath the dock (I have the dock on the left side of the screen). Same behavior as Word, I can't get it to open as I want it.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Back