Office 2004

Tetano

Registered
Hi to all! i've just installed office 2004, can anybody tell me where i can find the old files of office x in order to delete them?
thanx!

Simply run the Office remove app. Doesn't matter if it's in the Office 2004 folder. You will be able to remove Office X.

Zammy-Sam said:
Simply run the Office remove app. Doesn't matter if it's in the Office 2004 folder. You will be able to remove Office X.

thanx! have you already tried it? i heard that power point introduce good functionalities...

I loved power points new presentation-layout. Timer, preview of the current, next and previous slide.. Love it. But I am waiting for Office 2004 Pro and this "learn more" windows freaked me out, so I removed it until the pro bundle is out. But there was not such a huge difference to Office X beside power point. Word and Excel looked very much the same and the functions I was mostly using were the same as well. Actually it wouldn't be worth to update, but my boss is paying the the software.. ;)

well, power point is easy to be implemented, word is mainly a text editor, so once you've done a good work there are no so many things that you can add... you are a lacky man, is good to have a generous boss!!

I'm not going to get Office 2004 until I've used it for a long time on someone else's computer.

Office v.X is a horrible, horrible disappointment after you've spent a very long time trying to make it do something that can be done so EASILY on OfficeXP.

I'm using OfficeXP over v.X wherever possible (particularly when it comes to complex laying out), and unless Office 2004 gives to me what I've had for years on the PC, they're not going to have ME as a customer - I'll get VPC7 separately.

Interesting. I was also using Office XP for a long time and found Office X just different, but not disappointing. It is very much compareable to Office XP beside the style. What was disappointing for you? Missing features? Speed?

well, in my experience i've found the opposite problem, with some features that are available in office x and not in office xp, such as two-sided printing... the only problem that I found is the speed, but i think is a problem of RAM... anyway, office 2004 for mac is faster, if speed is your problem...

two-sided printing is actually a matter of the printerdriver and doesn't have to be supported by the os. But I find the mac version of ms Office also a lot more logical and accessable. Comparing the speed of Office XP and Office X on a P4 2,6 and my tibook I would say they are pretty much the same.

Zammy-Sam said:
two-sided printing is actually a matter of the printerdriver and doesn't have to be supported by the os. But I find the mac version of ms Office also a lot more logical and accessable. Comparing the speed of Office XP and Office X on a P4 2,6 and my tibook I would say they are pretty much the same.

not agree in two sided printing... here we have many network printers, all supporting two-sided printing, and from office xp you simply can't do it... you can just print first even pages, and the odd... for the speed, i was considering office x against office 2004...

Hmmmm, strange. What printers are you using? It is working just fine here: HP Laserjet 4200dtn and brother HL-4000CN PS. Did you look for the current drivers? Wow, now we are discussing windoze probs here.. ;)

we have 2 xerox document centre(the last model, don't know exact the model...) and some hp... all installed correctly... with my ibook they work perfectly, so is not a problem for me, but other guys with PCs have some problems when they have to print hundreds of pages... one new reason for me to never buy a pc notebook... :)

Just installed it and a quick preview of it seems to be an upgrade. My g/f is an actuary and she's impressed with Excel and likes the new Office features (she preferred PC Office to earlier Mac versions).

Has anyone experienced the scroll bar problem with Word. On a few occasions, the scroll bar is greyed out when I click to use it. If I use the arrows keys on the keyboard, it will scroll down. Has anyone had this experience? :confused:

Don't double click the submit button. Don't double click the submit button. ;-) And: No, I haven't had such a scrollbar issue so far.

I am using the retail version. It does not appear often, and I suspect it has something to do with the floating format palette.

At least some cross platform compatibility issues are solved right now (Unicode?), images and formulas not comming through... Finally I can open some documents of colleages without trouble. But yes, I am still wondering if this is worth the upgrade cost...

Back