Office 2008....scanning??

geofcoulson

Registered
I have been using Office 2004 for several years and on occasions I have inserted an image from the scanner. I have just loaded up Office 2008 and see that there is no facility or plug in to do this. In the 2004 version there is a "camera and scanner plug-in", in the Office file but, try as I may(by lifting this plug-in to different files in 2008) I am unable to get the scanner to work from this application. Am I missing something obvious....doh!!! OR is this facility not available at all. Its a shame, because I do like the additional tools on 2008.
Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
Regards
Geoff

This Post suggests that the lack of macro support in Office 2008 prevents scanner plugins from working. As that post suggest you'll have to copy/paste it in or save the scan as a file and insert is as an image.

Sorry!

EDIT This post suggests we may get VBA and so macros back at some point, but I have no idea where he got the info.

Thanks for the reply.....Are you saying that Office 2008 lacks the makro support needed to successfully scan....or is it ONLY my application that lacks it. It begs the question....why add loads of bells and whistles but remove something radical!!
Thanks
Geoff

Yep, office 2008 lacks macro support. Not sure anyone knows why. As one thing I read said, they give (xml) and they take away (vba). :)

Back