Office for X

spiggott

Registered
Has anyone played with a more recent version of MS Office than the b5 version that's been circulating on Carracho? Any comments regardings stability/usability/features?

I started running into problems with b5 on 5G48 such as frequent lock-ups in Entourage and the Alert application crashing upon launch.

From my initial experience with Office on X, it looks to be very nice indeed. Can't wait until I can buy a full release copy.

Yeah, office v. X looks very nice. There is now a release date: November.

It should be one sweet app. it is the only reason why I still run Classic. Once office is out, Classic should be out of the window. Yay :D

Entourage is also pushing Outlook out of the window...it has full support for exchange servers and IMAP 4.

Entourage X

AJ

At first I wondered why they bothered with the "v." inbetween Office and X. Then I noticed how the title would be shortened to something that, when spoken out loud, sounds like "Office Sex."

And what's up with the bizarre box design?

Originally posted by AJ
Entourage is also pushing Outlook out of the window...it has full support for exchange servers and IMAP 4.
Allegedly - although the b5 beta that's doing the rounds doesn't appear to have Exchange compatability built in yet - you can READ your Exchange email (via IMAP), but not send it via the Exchange server. I presume this is a feature to be added between now and November.

I certainly hope so - Outlook 2001 under Classic is, erm, somewhat unstable.

Back