Office v. X crashing constantly

Innerhofer

Registered
I've been using Office v. X now for a couple of days. All in all, it's a pretty nice job. I don't understand why I had to pay around 300 Euro for the update from Office 2001 which is twice as much as it costs a user in the US, but hey, that's Microsoft. Let alone the fact that it's not much more than a carbonized Office 2001.

What really pisses me off though is that it's not significantly more stable than the Word Test Drive. Entourage radomly crashed, sometimes even when it runs in the background. I'd say it crashes at least once every hour.

Word is not much better. I have been using various versions of Office since the early eighties, but never has Word crashed that radomly. It's not certain commands or features, it crashes with simple things like closing the formatting palette.

I have complained about this to Microsoft but with all the rave reviews about Office, I think it's about time someone wrote up a real, honest review. That has to include the sentence: If you cannot afford to lose data, don't use Office v. X until the most major issues have been solved.

-chris.

Back