Office v. X SR1 hangs at "Gathering Information"

corey18_70

Registered
When I try to upgrade Office to SR1 the updater starts, but hangs at "Gathering Information" and never goes anywhere. I removed and reinstalled Office to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

I am having the same problem. I don't have any ideas, except that the test run may having been installed at some point?

Using top, I've let the installer run as long as 90 minutes and seen that it is not frozen, it is actually doing something (cpu use moving up and down), but it never finishes.

I tried running the Office uninstaller to completely wipe everything and it gave me an error: "PBCatSearchSync() -1394." I ran fsck and it replied that there was an "invalid sibling link" and repeated fsck attempts could not fix this. So I booted off the cd and ran the disk utility, and it reported the same, and it could not fix it. So I backed everything up, wiped the partition, and reinstalled the system and applications.

The only advice I could find on Google was to use Alsoft Diskwarrior or wipe the drive. And I don't have Diskwarrior . . .

Everything is fine now though.

Back