Office X-Change Registration #?

jimw3

Registered
Is there a way to change the registration number in an already installed Office X.?
I purchased the second copy, to allow office/home computers to use it simultaneously, but don't want to uninstall/reinstall, nor redo toolbars, import, messages, address, etc. Is the key in a preference file that could be trashed?
Thanks for any help, Jim W.

I have tried everything to fix this also and I am lost if you can figure it out it would save my life right now...I have tried killing everything that even says microsoft and it still doesn't work...I even did a reinstall and it still didn't work...I wish I could help you....but I need help also...

spencer parker

Yeah, I need this ability as well, because my machines are all on a network, and... you know the infamous "bugfeature"... I need to change the reg. code without destroying everything... I'm subscribing to this thread in case anything happens.

I suspect the registration key is contained in one of the files in Library->Preferences->Microsoft but I am not 100% sure and I don't feel like deleting the directory to find out. Worth a shot if you feel brave.

Nope...I have deleted every preference I can find..both in my main library and user libraries...so I know it is not in there...I just can't find anything new...I am lost...

I had the same problem which was resolved by deleting the Office folder and then searching on 'office' with Sherlock. Around a dozen files turned up which I deleted, did a reinstall and, presto, was at last prompted for name and reg code.

I didn't do any experimentation to identify the specific file, sorry.......

Look for an invisible file called Office PID located in the Office X / Office folder.

Delete that file and reinstall.

:D

Hope it works!

Originally posted by pcouture
Look for an invisible file called Office PID located in the Office X / Office folder.

Delete that file and reinstall.

:D

Hope it works!

You're taking care of business around here, ain't ya?

Back