Office X Gm

Originally posted by djeans
Glad i could help out, but it was zaxcom who found the answer.

Where's appled discussion page located at? I remember finding it one time but I seem to have lost the URL

Originally posted by eeyoreed
So . . .
Is anyone sure about an Office X GM build?
Is there anyone who can post it on Carracho? I tried the Sharewood Forest, but the connection is bad.
Thanks!

-eeyoreed
eeyoreed@yahoo.com

I have a lame Question... while this has nothing to do with eeyoreed's Office X download question, how do I find servers like Shareware Forest on Carracho. I DL'd the app but don't know how to use it yet (admittedly, haven't read anything about it). I'm familiar with Hotline but have never used Carracho. Is it better, just different? Which should I keep on my HD?

For anybody who knows how to use a sniffer (or wants to learn) and is going to try out Office v.X -- could you start a sniffer before you run the app for the first time (or before you run the installer if there is one) and leave it running? There's a good sniffer ported for X at http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/ called tcpflow.
At least in build 1218 all the office apps open up a port in the 3XXX range (different every time) when they launch. Some of us over in another thread ("MS Spying.." have been trying to figure out why. Maybe debugging, maybe licensing maybe something else.
If anybody gets any info about this please post in "MS spying through Office v.X?" Also to anybody with a build higher than 1218, it would also be interesting to know whether these builds do the same thing. You can scan yourself w/ Network Utility.
Thanks.

I was able to get v 1218 from Carracho on my first day figuring out how to use it. Set up the d/l, went to bed, and had it in the morning.

But...the s/n that came with it didn't work. And I can't find one!

I don't seem to have "access" to any other Carracho servers (but they let me get a 191mb file the other day!) to try another s/n.

I've tried programs like Surfers Serials (had to figure that one out, too) but to no avail.

If anyone has serial #s to share with me, I'd appreciate it! ;)

Edit: I got the s/n; thanks to all who helped!

Back