"Ohh!! Will they bring back ELVIS?!"

While I have my doubts about the credibility of the source, I'd say its quite likely that Apple would be interested in using NAND in existing devices, both portable and desktop, to speed up booting times.

However, I can only hope that a new ultra portable is on the way as that would be sweet news. Apple would be wise to use Jan-Mar 2007 as its time to launch this sort of new hardware technology that require significant changes to the operating system to achieve, as that would leave its competitors (ahem, Windows Vista) stuck trying to catch up *after* they've released their products to market.

Either way, I'm expecting MacWorld keynote January 2007 to be pretty damn great.

Quicksilver said:
Well, the elvis of all ultra portables, also known as Newton.

Some news has been poping up about an ultra portable comming in 2007. what could it be? the long awaited newton revival? or NAND based MacBook/Pro? we'll just have to wait and see. ...
I am with symphonix. A SATA flash drive of credible size costs $1000 US--roughly $33/MB. Add the rest of the computer and you have one expensive little bugger. There are niche markets where such a device would be a godsend. The average laptop user is not one of them.

This idea has been beat to death for years. If Apple actually releases an ultra-portable separate from the iPod, I'll do a backflip. In reality though, I'm guessing Apple will just use the NAND flash in their laptops or possibly even iMacs.

Back