Okay, I'm really getting excited about Jaguar now...

Hey!
The new "home" icon is a flat panel iMac!
I wonder if it was going to happen...

Originally posted by lonny
Hey!
The new "home" icon is a flat panel iMac!
I wonder if it was going to happen...
Too bad it doesn't detect your machine and change the icon accordingly like everyone hoped it would. Oh well you can always hack a different icon in. Maybe we'll see this feature in the next release of OS X or whatever they decide to call it. :p

OMG
:eek:

I am so happy. The way Thinksecret.com was so enthusiastic about the speed and look and features makes me feel very happy. My eye's are watering up with tears of joy. This is a sign that I'm up too late again. Good night.:eek:

damn it's a good time to be a mac user.
course it'll be an even better time once we actually have this. I can't hardly wait for this thing. It's really starting to look wicked sweet. And yeah they do seem extremely optimistic about the speed. Truthfully I've been satisfied with the speed I get from 10.1.5 on my computer. Can't wait to be totally blown away by jaguar though. I wonder how much more they can squeeze out of osx. I've only been using a mac since last july (anniversary on the 3rd) :) how long does an OS usually last before they crank out a new one?

For a complete overhaul, it takes around 20 years. :)

Mac OS X .x upgrades seem to take around .67 years, though. Before 10, it was usual to have a release every year (8.0, 8.5, 9.0) with inbetween (free) updates half a year later (8.1, 8.6, 9.1). They've changed that quite a bit, Mac OS 9.2 would have been 9.5 with the old cycle, for instance (but Classic doesn't need 'big' upgrades anymore).

My guess is that we'll see the successor to Jaguar by the 2 year anniversary of Mac OS X, which would be end of March, 2003.

Back