Old airport and Extreme Security

gazzerdc

Registered
I have a Laptop and g4 that are ancient in Computer years. From 2002. Of course, I purchased my airport three months prior to extreme coming out. Here's my question: I know that I can't upgrade my airport cards to utilize Airport Extreme speeds. But, would purchasing a new Extreme base station help in security issues? And if it doesn't, or won't make a difference in either speed or security, how worth it is it to put Norton Utilities on a MAC? Or, is there other programs that help with antivirus/spam/hacking that make the connection more secure? I'm running OS10.3.9 on both the computers. (I recently had to delete my created network and am currently using a default network provided by Apple as I forget how to create my own at the moment). Thanks in advance. ::angel::

There are no viruses for OS X. The worst you could do is pass an infected email on to a PC user.

Personally, I would use Apple's Base Station, too expensive, and not as many features, or as easy to use as a wireless router. I use a Netgear 814.

Personally you WOULD use or WOULDN'T use? I'm confused. Also, can I put the Netgear cards in my 2002 ibook an G4? Would they speed things up or make things worse?

Sorry, I wouldn't use.
I use a Netgear wireless router.
No, you need to use Apple cards in the iBook.

Back