old G4 PowerPC won\'t reinstall

adriano

Registered
our old G4 450mhz PowerPC with 256mb Ram
won't let us reinstall.
it simply won't take the 10.3 disc (auto-ejects!)
and the Tiger DVD's
when i click to install, it says this computer
cannot install Tiger???

I think I might have this same problem--does your computer have the flat screen with the little half-sphere at the bottom? If so, it is exactly like mine. Anyway, I am trying to install Tiger and every time I do at the end it tells me to please try again.

eleanor269 said:
I think I might have this same problem--does your computer have the flat screen with the little half-sphere at the bottom? If so, it is exactly like mine. Anyway, I am trying to install Tiger and every time I do at the end it tells me to please try again.

The Mac that you have is the iMac G4, while the one that adriano has is an actual Power Mac G4 450 MHz. Both of those should be able to take Tiger without any problems, although I'm not sure if the 450 Mhz Power Mac G4 would need a firmware upgrade (check on Apple's download section for any firmware upgrades that would be necessary to install OS X.

As for Tiger, the discs are DVD discs. You have to check to see if your Macs have CD-ROM drives or DVD drives. Combo drives shoud also be able to read the DVD discs for Tiger. If not, you need to contact Apple to replace the DVDs you bought for CDs.

Back